Monday, May 14, 2007

Movies - Danny Trejo Says "Machete" is a Go

According to RottenTomatoes, Danny Trejo surprised and pleased fans by announcing that he will definitely be making a feature length film of "Machete," the fake trailer that opens "Grindhouse."

"That's going to be a blast," Trejo bragged. "They're going to make that. In fact, call Bob Weinstein and Harvey and tell them that I said so."

"Machete" could even be Robert Rodriguez's next movie. "They were going to try to make 'Sin City [2]' before 'Machete' but now they want to do 'Machete' first. Oh yeah, oh yeah, they're going to make that. That's a definite."

With a half hour of footage already shot and Rodriguez sitting on the script for years, it should not take long to complete "Machete." "It's kind of amazing. I think Robert Rodriguez kind of planned it that way because he told me about 'Machete' five years ago. Robert wants to make that into a feature and I said, 'Okay, let's do it. I got the time.' So it's going to be a lot of fun."

There is also talk of releasing "Machete" in time with the "Grindhouse" DVD, but Trejo was less specific on those details. "I'm not sure what they want to do with that. I think they're going to release the DVD with 'Grindhouse' and then put 'Machete' out there. 'Machete' wouldn't be that hard to do."
I remember reading a rumor a while ago that it would be released as straight-to-DVD at the same time as the "Grindhouse" DVD release, though that's just a rumor. Nice to have a confirmation that it's at least definitely going to be made, and probably as Rodriguez's next film. I know I'm looking forward to this, the trailer featured in "Grindhouse" was absolutely hilarious.

SOURCE

No comments: