Thursday, May 3, 2007

Video - Music Video Roundup

Nothing new worthy enough to post about today, so enjoy the following recent music videos from some of the CDs I'm currently listening to.

NOTE: The max amount of videos that can be loaded at one time I believe is 8. After 8, any videos loaded will have no sound. So if you experience this, please reload the page.

Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry"

"Hang Me Up To Dry" is the first single from the debut Cold War Kids album, Robbers & Cowards. The video was directed by the Malloy Bros, known for their work for Foo Fighters, The White Stripes and other iconic videos. I'm loving this song the more I hear it, and I hear it a lot.

Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye" - Album Edit

Silversun Pickups album edit of "Lazy Eye" - Directed by Suzie Vlcek, 2006. Great garage-band sounding group that reminds me a lot of oldschool Smashing Pumpkins. This and the Cold War Kids single are 2 of my favorite current singles I've been listening to for a pretty long time now, good stuff.

Kings of Leon - "On Call"

Their first single, and one of many great songs, from their new CD "
Because Of The Times".

Blonde Redhead - "23"

This is the first video for the title track (and soaring opener) of Blonde Redhead's new album, '23'. The video was directed by Melodie McDaniel.

Air - "Once Upon A Time"

The first single off their new album "Pocket Symphony", directed by Mathieu Tonetti.

The Shins - "Australia"

I also recommend checking out their first single from their new CD "
Wincing The Night Away", called "Phantom Limb". Great video.

Peter, Bjorn & John - "Young Folks"

Video has been out for a while now, I know, but I love this song too damn much.

Nine Inch Nails - "Survivalism"

The official video for Survivalism, NIN's first single of their new album "Year Zero". I also recommend checking out another song from their new album, "Me, I'm Not", it's probably my favorite song from the CD, which if you haven't picked up by now, I strongly recommend it, especially if you're an oldschool NIN fan. Definitely one of the few current great music artists of our time.

Other noteworthy videos of recent, and not so recent, singles from great albums:
TV on the Radio - "Wolf Like Me"
Modest Mouse - "Dashboard"
Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm"
Bright Eyes - "Four Winds"
Bloc Party - "The Prayer"
Panda Bear - "Bros"
!!! - "Heart Of Hearts"
LCD Soundsystem - "North American Scum"
and lastly, anything by Midlake. Easily one of my favorite albums of 2006, I just fucking love their cd "The Trials of Van Occupanther" so goddamn much.

Another noteworthy video is the new Snow Patrol song, "Signal Fire", from the Spider-Man 3 soundtrack, which I have been listening to non-stop lately. Truly a great soundtrack. You can check out the video I posted a bit back on my blog by clicking here.

No comments: